Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's ok to make up your mind!

I am hoping that someone who hasn't met Jesus will read this.  After all, He saved my life on numerous occasions, so why wouldn't I want that for other people? 

Actually, I'm kinda sick thinking about all those people, (yeah you know who you are!) They go about life in a general direction, never thinking too much about those deep down things that only surface when you are faced with death.  "Wow, I just found out I have cancer!"  Then maybe we have to hear all the "why ME?" junk, followed with "What does all this mean, I mean what is life all about?"

OR WORSE...

They don't even go there at all, never thinking that the eternity issue is playing right there on stage while they are in the front row and they chose not to even notice the performance because the seats are too uncomfortable or they are still grumpy over the price of admission, except in this case the price is life or death.

Have you ever watched a ball game and noticed something that the players on the field didn't?   That is where I am at sometimes when discussing Jesus, faith and salvation with others.  They act like they are in charge, while the whole time the clock is ticking and the action is fierce, but they can't seem to see the truth.

Here is the truth (if it doesn't make sense at first read it again, you WILL be surprised at the results):


Since all have sinned and come short of earning God's grace. (Romans 3:23 )


"...I tell you that unless a person be born again...he cannot see the kingdom of God"(John 3:3)


Jesus said," I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me."(John 14:6)


...If you acknowledge publicly with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and trust in your heart that God raised him from the dead,  you will be delivered.(Romans 10:9)

...And he (Jesus) died on behalf of all...(2 Corinthians 5:15)

Here I am standing at the door, knocking. If someone hears my voice  and opens the door, I will come in  and eat with him and he will eat with me. (Revelation 3:20) 

Love you...

No comments:

Post a Comment